2009-03-02

Dagens låt

Jeff Buckleys version av Hallelujah. No other words needed.

"Well I heard there was a secret chord
That David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music do you
.
Well it goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing hallelujah
.
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
.
Well your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you
.
And she tied you to her kitchen chair
And she broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips you drew the hallelujah
.
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
.
Well baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
You know I used to live alone before I knew you
.
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
And love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah
.
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
.
Well there was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show that to me do you
.
But remember when I moved in you
And the Holy Dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was hallelujah
.
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
.
Maybe there is a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you
And it's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah
.
Hallelujah
Hallelujah"

No comments: